Come join The Land Report at the 6th Timberland Investment World Summit at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in New York City on October 26-28. This conference is absolutely essential for anyone who follows or invests in timberland, which is why The Land Report signed on as a sponsor.
Online (“Timberland Outperforms the S&P 500?”) and in print (Land Report Spring 2009), the Magazine of the American Landowner has extolled the virtues of timberland as a long-term investment opportunity.
The Timberland Investment World conference brings many major players together, including pension funds, hedge funds, endowments, family offices, TIMOs, REITs, forestry management companies, paper and forest products companies, law firms, and banks.
Among the many topics to be covered at the conference are:
– International prospects for timberland investments, including Brazil, China, Russia, Australia and New Zealand
– Macroeconomic perspectives on the future of global demand for wood products
– Cashflow generation opportunities represented by ecosystem services, carbon schemes, easements, and the market in woody biomass
-The impact of information technology on timberland investment returns
– Preparing for the implementation of a nationwide cap and trade system
– Principles for selecting between Timber Investment Management Organizations (TIMOs)
– The valuation process: appraisal, discount rates, and future lumber prices
– The impact of biotechnology on future timber yields and growth rates
For more complete details, click HERE.