No. 35 Kokernot Heirs
Among the most storied ranches in Far West Texas, the family’s o6 brand was registered in 1837. It was purchased by John Kokernot in 1872, who, with brother Lee, began grazing cattle on open range west of the Pecos. In 1912, Lee’s son, Herbert Lee Sr. (1867–1949), began to piece together the immense property now known as the o6 and the Leoncita Cattle Company.